A former archaeologist, Arte Fact, the owner of the Curio Shop, used to mine in caves all around Webkinz World. He was the first Kinz to uncover the Crown of Wonders, which means Arte was the first to discover each and every one of the gems you dig up in the Gem Hunt! Arte started the Curio Shop so that everyone who visits WebKinz World would be able to enjoy the beauty and rarity of these gems.'
— Webkinz Newz, "How did Arte get to know so much about the rarity of all the gems in the Gem Hunt?"
When first entering the Curio Shop, Arte will treat you somewhat coldly; though as you buy, tip, and come around more often, Arte will become much warmer and kind. You can read more about Arte's friendship with the player here.
Arte's ex-best friend. In the W-Tales The Last Adventure book, Arte states that he used to be close friends with Doug, "so close that [we] were almost brothers," and had a special club together called "The Adventure Dogs". This friendship fell apart though after getting into an argument when Doug wanted to keep all the gems Arte had found in a secret mine to himself. Since then, they haven't spoken a word to each other.
Arte's nephew from an unnamed sister. He is described as "the most important individual in Arte’s life, often visiting his uncle and wanting to learn more about his adventures."
A monkey that Arte describes as his best friend. In the W-Tales Arte and the Lost Tomb book, its described that they met in the jungle. Though she hasn't been seen since leaving for university, she and Arte still keep in touch through email.
- His name is a play-on-words of "artifact."
- To add him on your Webkinz Phone as a friend, you type in "artefact."
- When asked a series of questions by Ella McWoof, these were his responses:
- "What was your craziest adventure?"
- "I have to pick just one? That’s impossible! They were all quite outstanding. The time I went to the top of Mount ‘Kinz…the time I discovered the gem mines…meeting the Azure Zingoz…it was all fantastic."
- "A lot of folks have wanted to know: are you still in touch with Matilda?"
- "Matilda Monkey? Why, yes. She and I email each other at least once a week. She’s teaching right now, in West Webkinz World. She’s a beloved professor, and I’m so proud of her. She’s extremely talented. I attended one of her lectures once – her students just adore her."
- "And you? How do you feel about Matilda?"
- "She’s an excellent friend. Probably my best friend. We like to get together a few times a year and talk about our old adventures. In fact, we have a big plan to explore Mount ‘Kinz again next year. I’m looking forward to it!"
- "Favorite food?"
- "Spaghetti and meatballs."
- "Favorite color?"
- "Blue…or gray…or black. All of them!"
- "Favorite family member?"
- "Sparky, my wonderful nephew."
- "Favorite place to vacation?'"
- "Anywhere I haven’t explored yet."
- "If you had a million KinzCash, you would:"
- "Go traveling. Nothing like better for broadening the mind and keeping life adventurous."