Welcome to the wiki! Please read our rules and guidelines for how to interact with and edit the wiki. If you have any questions, message an admin!
- (Updated: 1/21/2021)
Code of Conduct
- Swearing: Please refrain from using swear words on the wiki at all, whether it's in articles, blog posts, or otherwise.
- Username: Please do not include explicit, offensive, or generally rude content in your username.
- Vandalism: Vandalism is strictly prohibited. Depending on the severity of the vandalism, a ban will be issued to the vandal.
- Respect: Most of all, be respectful towards other editors. Do not bully, harass, or insult others. Additionally, please do not block off communication. Communication is key for a wiki, so please allow each other to talk.
- Topic: Keep to the topic of Webkinz. Please do not upload unrelated files or write unrelated articles. Keep all off-topic conversation within blog posts.
- References: It is ideal to include references on article pages, so please source your information when editing. Also, use official sources and files and avoid uploading personally taken photos or videos. However, screenshots are fine as long as they are clear and of decent quality.
- Bias: Keep all information accurate and factual and do not post speculation or opinions onto articles.
- Duplicates: Make sure you're not posting a duplicate file or article before creating or uploading one.
- Spelling, Grammar, and Punctuation: Make sure to write articles with proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. The spelling of a word relating to Webkinz should follow how either the game, Webkinz Newz, and/or a physical item released by Webkinz.
- Pet Pages: Regular pet pages are to include a completed Pet Box, a description, and information about adoption gifts. Lil' Kinz pet pages should have the same information but with a Lil Box (2.0).
- Partitioning: There does not need to be a page for every one subject. For example, the Employment Office jobs wouldn't need their own pages, and are able to be easily organized on the Employment Office article.
- Additionally, this goes for categories as well: for example, there are existing categories to list characters and would not need an article page to list them out too.
- Editing: For the time being, since there are very few active editors to do so, outdated infobox templates are free to be updated to the current default format by anyone. Though, be sure not to override an existing template; if you are to replace one, please make a separate page.
- Examples TBA
- Importance: Upon articles, be sure to include notable information and keep to the main idea. For example, a pet's page should include the day they were released. However, it would be unnecessary to point out if that pet came out after a certain other pet. While the statement could be true, it wouldn't be noteworthy to write.
- Length: If writing about a large amount of information, such as the background of a character, please summarize it as best you can. Every detail does not need to be included, so please only try to give the basic idea of what you're writing.
- Names: Please give files short and appropriate names that relate to the content of the files.
- Organization: When uploading an image, please sort it into one of the subcategories in the Uploaded Files category.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.